It may seem strange for someone who identifies as a traditional Roman Catholic and anti-socialist to seek advice from the likes of Vladimir Lenin — the founding head of the Soviet Union.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Bernie Sanders
But when I think of the socialist views of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) and Bernie Sanders (BS), I hesitate to use quotes from popes condemning socialism because the two of them would simply ignore them.
Instead, I prefer to quote one of their chief mentors, Vladimir Lenin, to understand where socialism will take us, should millennials be foolish enough to get on board with AOC’s and BS’s ideology.
1. “Democracy is indispensable to socialism.”
This specifies the road to socialism: “Democracy.” All you have to do, if you’re AOC or BS, is persuade the majority of people to vote for socialism.
2. “The goal of socialism is communism.”
Once socialism is implemented, once the means of production and distribution are securely in the hands of the State, the natural evolution of the economy reaches its next step: the implantation of communism, which has murdered an estimated 149 million people throughout history.
3. “A lie told often enough becomes the truth.”
But you may ask, “Won’t people realize that socialism leads necessarily to communism?” No, according to Lenin. If you hammer the lie often enough that socialism does not lead to communism, people will believe it. See the millennials today? Many of them believe it. It does not matter if it is a lie. Look at the Soviet Union, Cuba and Venezuela. The gullible believed it, and now they are communist countries.
4. “The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.”
Trust Joe Biden to accelerate inflation uncontrollably and to apply excessive taxation, and you will have the capitalists capitulating to socialism.
5. “The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency.”
Again, trust Joe Biden to take care of that.
6. “The capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them.”
This sentence brings to mind the strength of communist China’s economy, which has been to the detriment of America’s economic power and independence. Western powers like America have willfully helped China’s communist regime gain better footing on the international stage.
7. “One man with a gun can control 100 without one.”
A concern for “safety” is often invoked as an excuse for disarming citizens because most people are easily duped into believing it is a commonsense measure. But those pushing for those measures exempt themselves from those same rules; they want to be the “one” controlling the 100.
8. “You must act with all energy. Mass searches. Execution for concealing arms.”
These sentences by Lenin prove ad nauseam why the fellow travelers of communism insist so much on gun control, plus why some want to abolish the Second Amendment. A disarmed population is a sitting duck in the hands of a police state.
9. “There are no morals in politics; there is only expedience. A scoundrel may be of use to us just because he is a scoundrel.”
The simplicity of Lenin’s focus is remarkable. There are no morals in politics; one may lie at will, provided the main goal is achieved. Let the people busy themselves with morals — the communists busy themselves with taking over the government.
10. “Give us the child for eight years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.”
The necessity of parents not interfering with their children’s education is fundamental. Teachers whose minds are already programmed to form socialists are the ones who know what to do, period.
11. “There can be nothing more abominable than religion.”
Communism must attack religion. Any belief system that demands followers adhere to moral precepts that confound allegiance to the State limits communists’ ability to control citizens’ lives and decisions.
12. “Atheism is the natural and inseparable part of communism, of the theory and practice of scientific socialism. Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.”
As long as children and teenagers believe in God and the Ten Commandments, we will never persuade them to embrace socialism. So atheistic theories of science — of nothing producing everything, of dumb animals becoming intelligent citizens, of lifeless matter producing life all by itself, evolution putting aside the idea of creation — will snuff the flame of faith in the younger generations. The millennials are a good example of this.
13. “It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.”
The ideas of life, freedom and the pursuit of happiness are by-products of an outdated philosophy, today relegated to the dust of times. The government must ration liberty, just as it must ration foodstuff in time of crisis. The loss of liberty is the “small” price the people have to pay for the successful implantation of socialism and its natural development, communism.
14. “Free speech is a bourgeois prejudice.”
Radical leftists today oppose free speech, often in the name of fighting so-called hate speech. But it is a guise to cement communists’ power.
15. “When a liberal is abused, he says, ‘Thank God they didn’t beat me.’ When he is beaten, he thanks God they didn’t kill him. When he is killed, he will thank God that his immortal soul has been delivered from its mortal clay.”
Lenin understood very well the inertia of the Western man, busy in enjoying the scraps of happiness that life still offers him, naively looking on the bright side while the world is being destroyed.
16. “It is necessary sometimes to take one step backward to take two steps forward.”
Strategic withdrawals are often used by communists pushing socialism to make the capitalists lessen their guard so the eventual push forward will be more fruitful and durable.
17. “We can and must write in a language which sows among the masses hate, revulsion and scorn toward those who disagree with us.”
That explains the promotion of racial hatred by American media.
18. “The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses.”
There’s the leftist media at work!
19. “Give me just one generation of youth, and I’ll transform the whole world.”
Again, forming the next generation is crucial.
20. “As an ultimate objective, ‘peace’ simply means communist world control.”
I think this quote speaks for itself.
There you are, friends, taking counsel with Lenin. Perhaps now the nonsense pushed by AOC and BS will make more sense.